.

.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY painting and glazing a dresser.




I LOVE long weekends...and this is why! I get to work on big projects like this one.
 
 
 
First you get your dresser! I try to always work with real wood. It is so much easier to work with than laminate or something like that. 
 
 
Next, we painted! We got our paint from Walmart. The paint we used was a paint and primer in one. I thought this wouldn't work as well as paint and primer being separate. But after about two coats it looked great! 
 
 
Once the paint was completely dry (over night). I could start glazing and antiquing the dresser. 

 With glazing, I take 4 parts glaze and 1 part regular acrylic paint (I went with black this time) and mix them together. I then paint the glaze on very thin, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. I let it dry and little and then wipe off the glaze I don't want to stay on there with a damp rag. Once all my glazing was finished I sprayed down the whole dresser with a clear spray for protecting the paint. This is suppose to help your dresser to not chip.


In this picture, everything is glazed. We need to just spray paint the hardware and stain the top. 



And its done! I love how the wood top turned out. It might be my favorite part of the whole dresser.


If you have any questions about what I used or how I used it, don't hesitate to ask! 




0 comments:

Post a Comment