.

.

Monday, May 26, 2014

how this redhead tans.



Hey ya'll! I hope you are having a great Memorial weekend. With summer right around the corner, the shorts are getting shorter and we're breaking out our swimsuits. For a redhead like me...this can be a problem. I am the kind of person that goes from white to red and back to white. I do not tan! Because I can't tan, I turn towards self tanners. It has taken my a good 3 years to find the perfect combination to make my tan look natural and healthy. 



This amazing tutorial done by Maskcara has really helped me! She shows you exactly how to apply self tanner. Here is a run down for what I do:


Step 1: Shower and exfoliate. I just use a lufa and really scrub.

Step 2: Put regular lotion where ever you do not want the tanner to really soak in (knees, elbows, ankles).

Step 3: Rub in your self tanner. This is where Maskcara's tutorial really helped me out.

Step 4: Let dry. I finished getting ready and let all the tanner soak in before I put my clothes on.

THE PRODUCTS:

 

Jergens Natural Glow Foam (Medium)
I use this about 2 times a week. This works much faster and comes out much darker than the jergens tanning lotion.

SUN LABORATORIES Self Tanning Lotion Tan Overnight - Medium (8 oz) 

Sun Laboratories Self Tanning (Medium)
I use this 1-2 times a week. This stuff comes out dark!! Don't let that scare you. This is where most of your tan will come from. This is by far the best self tanner I have ever used. The color is perfect on me! Not too orange...not too yellow. It looks really natural on my white, freckled, redheaded skin.

 
Jergens Natural Glow (Fair)
 I use this on the days that I am not using one of the other two products. We all know that self tanning tans do not last! This lotions is perfect for maintaining the tan and keeping everything looking natural.



I hope this helps all you fair skinned friends out there!  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

can i do this combo on my face as well?

Post a Comment